No 667 Box Coat : This pattern contains directions to knit the coat pictured. This is a vintage 1950s design for a nice roomy box coat. The coat, loose fitting all-over, was also (frequently) called a car coat. This design has long sleeves, large rounded Peter Pan collar, long with wide cuffed sleeves and front patch pockets. This below hip length coat has a 5 button front closure. It is written for misses size 12, with changes for 14 and 16 in parentheses.
- Bear Brand Tweedmoor or Fleisher's Glen Tweed, 30 (30-32) ozs or
- Bear Brand or Fleisher's Sport Tweed, 34 (34-36) ozs.
- Bucilla 14-inch Plastic Needles, 1 pair each Sizes 3 and 5.
Coat is worked with double strand of Tweedmoor or Glen Tweed; or with single strand of Sport Tweed.
MEASUREMENTS FOR BLOCKING
- At bustline, buttoned 40 (42-44) ins.
- Width of back at underarm 19 (20-21) ins.
- Length from hemline to back of neck 26 (26-26 ½) ins.
- Sleeves — width at underarm 14 ½ (15-15 ¼) ins.
GAUGE: 11 sts=2 inches
All patterns in this shop are reformatted vintage designs; crisp clean documents for your working pleasure. The pattern is a PDF download. A link will be forwarded to your email address within a couple minutes.