Crocheted Doilies: These doilies can be made either of No. 30 Mercerized Crochet Cotton or of Mercerized Crochet and Knitting Cotton. The choice of the cotton determines the size and texture of the doily. The doilies can be combined to form luncheon and buffet sets or they can be used as odd doilies. The large doilies are 18 or 13 inches; the medium doilies 12 or 9 inches; the small doilies 6 or 4 inches in diameter.
This is a Mail Order Design pattern purchased through newspapers and catalogs. The pattern was marketed as Laura Wheeler 399. The newspaper description: "Beginners, attention! When you've crocheted one of these easy doilies you'll want to go right on making enough for a buffet or even a luncheon set. Why not crochet some for hostess gifts - even one is acceptable".
- Unbleached Mercerized Crochet and Knitting Cotton in (500 yard) skeins and a No. 8 steel crochet hook
- or No. 30 Mercerized Crochet Cotton and a No. 12 steel crochet hook.
- The large doily requires approximately 290 yards of heavy cotton or 176 yards of fine cotton.
- The medium sized doily requires approximately 145 yards of heavy cotton or 87 yards of fine cotton.
- The small doily requires approximately 40 yards of heavy cotton and 24 yards of fine cotton.
All patterns in this shop are reformatted vintage designs; crisp clean documents for your working pleasure. The pattern is a PDF download. A link will be forwarded to your email address within a couple minutes.