Crocheted Doilies: These two crocheted doilies can be made either of No. 50 Mercerized Crochet Cotton, No. 30 Mercerized Crochet Cotton or Mercerized Crochet and Knitting Cotton. The choice of the cotton governs the size and texture of the doilies. The doilies can be used as luncheon or buffet sets or as odd doilies. Crochet doilies in large and small sizes. The large doilies are 18, 20 or 22 inches; the small doilies are 12, 14 or 16 inches in diameter.
This is a Mail Order Design pattern purchased through newspapers and catalogs. The pattern was marketed as Laura Wheeler 523. The pattern was featured in the 1944 Alice Brooks Designs Catalog. The newspaper description: "Handmade accessories add so much to your home! Give beauty and distinction to your buffet or luncheon table - with these exquisite new lacy doilies They are in that favorite of all crochet designs - the graceful pineapple motif".
- No. 50 Mercerized Crochet Cotton and a No. 14 steel crochet hook,
- or No. 30 Mercerized Crochet Cotton and a No. 10 steel crochet hook
- or unbleached Mercerized Crochet and Knitting Cotton in (700 yard) skeins and a No. 8 steel crochet hook.
- The large doily requires approximately 375 yards of No. 50 cotton or 430 yards of No. 30 cotton or 589 yards of the heavy cotton.
- The small doily requires approximately 180 yards of No. 50 cotton or 205 yards of No. 30 cotton
All patterns in this shop are reformatted vintage designs; crisp clean documents for your working pleasure. The pattern is a PDF download. A link will be forwarded to your email address within a couple minutes