Crocheted Motif for Bedspread or Table Cloth: This pattern gives directions to crochet the medallion pictured. This motif, measuring 4-3/4 inches across is a lacy affair designed for tablecloth and bedspreads, but equally valuable for scarves and runners.
This is a Mail Order pattern, purchased through newspapers. The Ruth Orr designed pattern was marketed as No 253 by the Needle Arts Dept in 1937. "Whether it's a tablecloth, bedspread, centerpiece, runner or almost any other lacy decoration you want, this motif can easily be used. It is the sort of design that will be handsome on your polished dinner table and equally charming over a colored blanket on your best bed".
- For a table cloth 36" x 36", 18 balls of 150 yard mercerized crochet cotton No. 20.
- For a table cloth 1-1/2 x 2-1/2 yards, 67 balls of 150 yard mercerized crochet cotton No, 20.
- Steel crochet hook No. 7
- For a bed spread 72" x 90", 29 balls (400) yards knitting crochet cotton.
- For a bed spread 72" x 104", 34 balls (400 yards) knitting and crochet cotton.
- For a bed spread 90" x 104", 41 balls (400 yards) knitting and crochet cotton.
- 1 steel crochet hook No. 3.
All patterns in this shop are reformatted vintage designs; crisp clean documents for your working pleasure. The pattern is a PDF download. A link will be forwarded to your email address within a couple minutes.