Crocheted Doilies: This pattern contains directions for making two crocheted doilies. These doilies can be made either of No. 50 Mercerized Crochet Cotton, No. 30 Mercerized Crochet Cotton or Mercerized Crochet and Knitting Cotton. The choice of the cotton governs the size and texture of the doilies. They can be used as luncheon or buffet sets or as odd pieces. The large doily sizes are 12, 17 or 26 inches; the small doily sizes are 9, 12 or 17 inches in diameter.
This is a Mail Order Design pattern purchased through newspapers and catalogs. The pattern was marketed as Laura Wheeler 803. The newspaper description: "These crocheted doilies have so many uses - see your luncheon table sparkle with them used as mats - pretty as dresser or buffet sets. Even a beginner can make these doilies".
- No. 50 Mercerized Crochet Cotton and a No. 14 steel crochet hook
- or No. 30 Mercerized Crochet Cotton and a No. 10 steel crochet hook
- or unbleached Mercerized Crochet and Knitting Cotton in (700 yard) skeins and a No. 8 steel crochet hook.
- The large doily requires approximately 225 yards of No. 50 cotton or 300 yards of No. 30 cotton or 437 yards of heavy cotton.
- The small doily requires approximately 140 yards of No. 50 cotton or 190 yards of No. 30 cotton or 275 yards of heavy cotton.
All patterns in this shop are reformatted vintage designs; crisp clean documents for your working pleasure. The pattern is a PDF download. A link will be forwarded to your email address within a couple minutes.