Red and Blue Jerkin : This crochet pattern has instructions to make the jerkin pictured. This design, going back to 1944, is referred to as a Jerkin (a sleeveless jacket). Today we'd more typically refer to as vest. This easy design, in a quite lacy pattern stitch, is worked in two colors and has a nicely belted waist. The official description: "A blithe two-tone jerkin for chilly days is blue in front and bright red in back. In double crochet and the cross-stitch".
- CHADWICK'S RED HEART WOOL FLOSS, 2 balls each (1 oz. balls) of Blue Jewel and Cardinal Red.
- Bone Crochet Hook Size G.
GAUGE: 3 ½ sts make 1 inch; 3 rows make 2 inches.
- Length of Back from neck to waistline-17 inches;
- Width across back at shoulders-17 inches;
- Finished width across back at waistline-14 inches.