No 668 Windbreaker Suit : This pattern contains knitting directions to create the outfit shown. The design, vintage 1957, could easily be worn as either a suit, or a two piece dress. It was termed a 'Windbreaker' for the style of the jacket --- long sleeves, banded waist and cuffs, and front buttoned closure. It is paired with a slim skirt. Knit in tweed yarns, this is a classic design worthy of second and third looks. The instructions are written for misses size 12, with changes for 14 and 16 in parentheses.
- Bear Brand Tweedmoor or Fleisher's Glen Tweed. Windbreaker, 10 (11-11) ozs ; Skirt, 10 (11-11) ozs.
- Bucilla Aluminum Needles, 1 pair each Sizes 1 and 2.
- Bucilla Circular Steel Needle, Size 2.
- Bucilla Steel Hook, Size 4.
MEASUREMENTS FOR BLOCKING
- At bustline, buttoned 35 (37-39) ins. Width of back at underarm 16 ½ (17 ½-18 ½) ins.
- Sleeves—width at underarm 12 (12 ½-13) ins.
- Skirt — width at lower edge 46 (48-50) ins. At hipline, 7 ins. below waistline 34 (36-38) ins.
- At waistline 25 (26 ½-28) ins.
GAUGE: 8 sts=1 inch