Crocheted Doilies: This SET of three crocheted doilies can be made either of Mercerized Crochet and Knitting Cotton or of No. 30 Mercerized Crochet Cotton. They can be used as luncheon and buffet sets or as odd doilies. The large doily is 20 inches, the medium doily 12 inches and the small doily is 6-1/4 inches in diameter.
This is a Mail Order Design Pattern, purchased through newspapers and catalogs. This pattern was marketed as Laura Wheeler 2800 in 1940. "You'll enjoy using lovely doilies you've crocheted yourself. These three sizes in full blown Rose design are worked in mercerized crochet cotton, or in finer cotton should you prefer it".
- Unbleached Mercerized Crochet and Knitting Cotton in (500 yard) skeins and a No. 8 steel crochet hook
- or No. 30 Mercerized Crochet Cotton and a No. 10 steel crochet hook.
- The large doily requires approximately 375 yards of heavy cotton or 272 yards of fine cotton;
- the medium sized doily requires approximately 142 yards of heavy cotton or 103 yards of fine cotton;
- the small doily requires approximately 40 yards of heavy cotton or 29 yards of fine cotton.
All patterns in this shop are reformatted vintage designs; crisp clean documents for your working pleasure. The pattern is a PDF download. A link will be forwarded to your email address within a couple minutes.