Powder Room Kitten : This pattern gives directions to crochet the bathroom accessory pictured. This cute design, worked in Knitting Worsted, is a sweet kitten cover for a standard roll of toilet paper. The easy design is finished with felt or buttons and embroidery for facial features.
This is a Mail Order pattern, purchased through newspapers and catalogs. This pattern was marketed as Anne Cabot 5116. The newspaper description: "Easy to crochet, this cute kitten covers that extra roll of bathroom tissue! Make it for your own use, or extras for gifts".
- COATS & CLARK'S "RED HEART" KNITTING WORSTED, 4-Ply ("Tangle-Proof" Pull-Out Skeins): 4 ozs. of No. 1 White; 2 yards Black Worsted for features.
- Small piece of green or blue felt for eyes; pink felt for nose. Or two buttons for eyes and embroider nose section in pink knitting worsted using the Satin Stitch.
- NEEDLE: Aluminum or Plastic Crochet Hook Size H.
- Cotton Batting for Stuffing head.
- 9 inches white millinery wire or 3 white pipe cleaners.
GAUGE: 5 dc and 5 sps = 2 inches; 2 rnds = 1 inch.
The patterns in this shop are reformatted vintage designs; crisp clean documents with one and a half line spacing. The pattern is a PDF download. A link will be forwarded to your email address within a couple minutes.