Crocheted Doilies: These two crocheted doilies can be made either of No. 50 Mercerized Crochet Cotton, No. 30 Mercerized Crochet Cotton or Mercerized Crochet and Knitting Cotton. The choice of the cotton governs the size and texture of the doilies. The doilies can be used as luncheon or buffet sets or as odd doilies. The large doilies may be crocheted at 18, 24 or 29 inches; the small doilies are 13, 18 or 24 inches in diameter.
This is a Mail Order Design pattern purchased through newspapers and catalogs. The pattern was marketed as Laura Wheeler 598 in 1943. The newspaper description: "The woman who appreciates lovely home accessories will want these round pineapple doilies. The lovely flower shaped design is simple to do and set off nicely by the plain lacy sections".
- No. 50 Mercerized Crochet Cotton and a No. 14 steel crochet hook,
- or No. 30 Mercerized Crochet Cotton and a No. 10 steel crochet hook
- or unbleached Mercerized Crochet and Knitting Cotton in (700 yard) skeins and a No. 8 steel crochet hook.
- The large doily requires approximately 350 yards of No. 50 cotton or 400 yards of No. 30 cotton or 500 yards of the heavy cotton.
- The small doily requires approximately 250 yards of No. 50 cotton or 290 yards of No. 30 cotton or 375 yards of heavy cotton.
All patterns in this shop are reformatted vintage designs; crisp clean documents for your working pleasure. The pattern is a PDF download. A link will be forwarded to your email address within a couple minutes.