Bonnets : This pattern contains direction to create the bonnets shown. It's a trio of bonnets - two knit and one crocheted. The top bonnet (no 5245), with the double band of cables and ribbon ties is knit, as is the helmet style hat (no 5243) center bottom. The little round bonnet with the pinwheel effect and chin straps bottom right (no 5242) is crochet. This set gives you a chance to tune up all those needles ! The patterns are Chadwicks, vintage 1940s.
Materials - No 5245
- CHADWICK'S RED HEART BABY BUNTlNG, 2 balls (3/4 oz. balls).
- Clark's O.N.T. Knitting Pins, 1pair No.1and 1 pair No.3.
- 1 yard ribbon, 1/2 inch wide.
- 1 yard ribbon, 1 inch wide.
GAUGE: (STOCKINETTE STITCH on No. 3 needles) 7 sts make 1 inch; 9 rows make 1 inch.
Materials - No 5243
- CHADWICK'S RED HEART BABY POMPADOU R, 2 balls (3/4 oz. balls).
- Clark's O.N.T. Knitting Pins, 1 pair No.1and 1 pair No.2.
- 2 buttons.
GAUGE: 8 sts make 1 inch; 11 rows make 1 inch.
Materials - No 5242
- CHADWICK'S RED HEART BABY BUNTING POMPADOUR, 1 ball (3/4 oz. ball) .
- Steel Crochet Hook No. 2/0 (double zero) .
- 3 small pearl buttons
All patterns in this shop are reformatted vintage designs; crisp clean documents for your working pleasure. The pattern is a PDF download. A link will be forwarded to your email address within a couple minutes.