Lace Stitch Dress : This pattern contains directions to knit, crocheted waist casing, the dress pictured. Unfortunately this magazine quality photo does not do this dress justice. This formal gown / dress is knit in a lovely allover lace stitch for a quite elegant effect. The dress, with elasticized waistline, has a rounded scooped neckline that drapes to shoulders midpoint and ends in delicate short sleeves. The belted dress is knee (or desired length). This design is vintage 1956 from Modern Needlecraft Magazine.
The official description: For the Happy Occasion, the mother of the bride chooses a knit sheath in silvered aqua. The cap sleeves and gently flared skirt are flatting, the unusual lace pattern is rich and festive.
SIZES: Directions for size 34. Changes for sizes 38 and 42 are in parentheses.
- Fits Bust: 36" (40"-44" ).
- Fits Hips: 38" (42"-46" ).
- Bear Brand or Fleisher's Glow-Knit, 8 (9-10) 2-oz. skeins.
- 14" straight plastic knitting needles Nos. 4, 6, 8, and 10. (Or English sizes 9, 7, 5, and 3.)
- Plastic crochet hook No. 4.
- One yard 1/2" elastic.
- One stitch holder.