Tisket-a-Tasket No 2338 : This pattern contains directions to crochet the hat pictured. This hat, is cartwheel styled with the very low crown and the very wide brim in a very lacy pattern stitch. (a whole lot of very), with a sweet ribbon adornment. This pattern is vintage 1939 from the Spool Cotton Company. According to their official write-up: "Look like a picture of fragile femininity in this luscious lace creation - a wafer thin sailor which you can wash just the way you do a lamp-shade.
Choose one of the following threads in size 30:
- CLARK'S O.N.T. MERCERIZED CROCHET, 6 balls of White or Ecru, or 7 balls of any color.
- J. & P. COATS MERCERIZED CROCHET, 4 balls of White or Ecru, or 6 balls of any color.
- J. & P. COATS BIG BALL BEST SIX CORD MERCERIZED CROCHET, 2 balls of White or Ecru, or 3 balls of any color.
- MILWARD'S steel crochet hook No. 10 or 11.
- 2 yds. millinery wire.
- 4 yds. grosgrain ribbon, 1 inch wide.
- 3/8 yd. tubular elastic.