Sachet Basket : This pattern contains directions to crochet the small basket pictured. This pattern is vintage WWII - 1938. The basket size is not stated, however, I'd think rather small as it is billed for a sachet. It calls for gimp thread which is now obsolete; try substituting DMC Cebelia No 10. The basket has a small wired handle and frilly edges. In edition to a sachet, a younger girl might love this as a purse for her dolls.
- 1 tube of "Raphael Brand" Gimp will make 3 baskets.
- One 10" length of milliner's wire.
- Spray of flowers and rosebud trimming or any trimming desired.
- Absorbent cotton, sachet powder.
- A No. 4 Steel Crochet Hook is recommended.