Crocheted Doilies: This pattern gives directions to crochet the doilies shown. These two doilies are worked in the pineapple design. Either fine cotton or string can be used. The doilies can be combined to form luncheon or buffet sets or they can be used as odd pieces. Depending upon materials chosen, the small doilies may measure 10 x 13, 13 x 16,or 18 x 22, the large doilies are 12 x 20, 15 x 25 and 24 x 36 ... (All quite large !).
This is a Mail Order Design pattern, purchased through The American Weekly Circular. The pattern was marketed as No 3050. (Note: It was previously marketed as Laura Wheeler 835).
- No. 50 Mercerized Crochet Cotton and a No. 12 steel crochet hook
- or No. 30 Mercerized Crochet Cotton and a No. 10 steel crochet hook
- or unbleached Mercerized Crochet and Knitting Cotton and a No. 8 steel crochet hook.
- The large doily requires approximately 500 yards of No. 50 cotton or 590 yards of No. 30 or 800 yards of heavy cotton.
- The small doily requires approximately 175 yards of No. 50 cotton or 225 yards of No. 30 cotton or 300 yards of unbleached Mercerized Crochet and Knitting Cotton.
All patterns in this shop are reformatted vintage designs; crisp clean documents with one and a half line spacing, for your working pleasure. The pattern is a PDF download. A link will be forwarded to your email address within a couple minutes.