Salute to the Pineapple : This pattern contains directions to crochet the cloth shown. Actually this is a pattern set to create both a cloth that is 41 inches, as well as a larger cloth (by changing materials) that measures 72 inches in diameter. The pineapple edge motif blossoms from a wheel spoke center. The official description from The Spool Cotton Company, vintage 1942 is : Salute to the Pineapple - The traditional symbol of good fortune .. the lordly pineapple lavishly used in a round cloth and Presto - Two cloths from one set of directions ... merely be a change of thread.
Materials for Small Cloth
- CLARK'S O.N.T. or J. & P. COATS BEST SIX CORD MERCERIZED CROCHET,size 30:
- SMALL BALL: CLARK'S O.N.T.-23 balls, ORJ. & P. COATS -14 balls of White or Ecru, or 19 balls of any color. .
- BIG BALL: J. & P. COATS-7 balls of White or Ecru, or 10 balls of any color.
- Steel crochet hook No. 11.
MATERIALS for No. Large Cloth
- J. & P. COATS KNIT-CRO-SHEEN, 12 balls of White or Ecru, or 16 balls of any color.
- Steel crochet hook No.3.
All patterns in this shop are reformatted vintage designs; crisp clean documents for your working pleasure. The pattern is a PDF download. A link will be forwarded to your email address within a couple minutes.