Party Dress: This pattern gives directions to knit, crochet detail, the dress shown. This design appeared in the 1962 issue of McCalls Needlecraft and was billed as a 'Party Dress'. And, a sweet party dress it would be!. Sleeveless design with scooped round neckline layered with a round collar that slightly drapes onto the shoulders. There is an elasticized waistline and knee (adjustable) length.
SIZES: Directions for size 12. Changes for sizes 14 and 16 are in parentheses.
- Body Bust Size:32" (34"-36") .
- Blocked Bust Size: 33" (35"-38").
- Unger Arosa, 18 (19-20) 1-oz. pull skeins.
- 14" knitting needles No. 4. (Or English size 9.)
- Steel crochet hook No. 1.
- Matching sewing thread. 1/4 yard nylon tulle.
- Two yards round elastic.
- Half yard matching taffeta material, 1/8 yard Pellon,
- Two large snap fasteners for sash.
GAUGE: 11 sts = 2" ; 8 rows = 1".
All patterns in this shop are reformatted vintage designs; crisp clean documents for your working pleasure. The pattern is a PDF download. A link will be forwarded to your email address within a couple minutes.