Knitted Blouse: This pattern contains directions to knit, crochet detail, the blouse pictured. This pullover design is vintage 1930's and is written with older styled terminology. It'a lovely design worked in wool yarn with a squared neckline, short sleeves and above hip length. The neck and sleeves have narrow banding and the bottom is a wide band. The downside of this design ... it is written for misses bust size 36 only.
This is a mail order pattern, purchased through newspapers. It was marketed as Mayfair Needle-Art Design 344 in 1937. The newspaper description: "You'll love this lacy knit pullover and will wear it all summer long. The square neck is youthful and cool looking, yet dressy enough to wear with a suit"
- Original model is made of wool in the Baby Coral color. 6 balls of this wool are required.
- You will need needles in the following sizes: MILLIMETER GAUGE: 1 pair #3 1/4 needles; 1 fine bone crochet hook
NEAREST CORRESPONDING GAUGES
- STANDARD GAUGE: 1 pair #4 needles; 1 fine bone crochet hook
- CANADIAN GAUGE: 1 pair #10 needles; 1 fine bone crochet hook
MEASUREMENTS OF FINISHED BLOUSE:
- All around at underarm, 36 inches.
- From shoulder to bottom of garment, 21-3/4 inches.
- Length of sleeve at the underarm seam, 5 ½ inches.
TENSION OF STITCH: 8 stitches equal 1 inch; 8 rows equal 1 inch.