B-699 : This pattern contains instructions to knit the accessories pictured above. First there are knit knee socks sized Small (8 - 8 1/2), Medium (9 - 9 1/2) and Large (10 - 10 1/2). Second, a jaunty beret with a pompom topper and last, but not least, a pair of garters --- (You know you want to wear garters with your socks and beret !). This pattern is early 1960s for Coats & Clarks.
- COATS & CLARK'S RED HEART® "WINTUK" SOCK AND SWEATER YARN, 3 Ply (2 oz. "Tangle-Proof" Pull-Out Skeins): For Socks and Garters: 4 ounces of No. 1 White and 1/2 ounce of contrasting color for all sizes; For Beret: 2 ounces of No.1 White.
- Knitting Needles, 1 pair No.2 and No.3.
- 2 double-pointed needles for weaving only.
- 1/2 yard elastic, 1/4 -inch wide for Beret;
- Elastic thread for Garters.
GAUGE: No.3 needles- 7 sts (1 pattern) = 1 inch; 10 rows = 1 inch.
All patterns in this shop are reformatted vintage designs; crisp clean documents for your working pleasure. The pattern is a PDF download. A link will be forwarded to your email address within a couple minutes.