As Seen in the Daily News (New Yorks Picture Newspaper): This pattern contains directions to crochet the outfit shown. Here we have a cute womens two piece suit consisting of a short jacket (slightly below waist), long sleeves, front buttoned, with ribbon ties at the waist and ribbon highlight woven through the small peter pan type collar. The matching skirt is straight with back zipper. The piece may be lined, should you choose. The pattern is sized for misses and women Small (10-12), Medium (14-16) and Large (18-20).
It is assumed this is a form of a mail order pattern through the Daily News. Their are no other identify marks on the one page leaflet, this pattern was reworked from. The design is very Jackie O', which leads me to think the timing would be mid to late 1960s.
- BERNAT DUNDEE (50 gram pull skeins)
- - 6 (7 -8) for skirt
- - 8 (9-10) for jacket
- 1 aluminum crochet hook Size G (Canadian Wool crochet hook No.9) OR ANY SIZE HOOK WHICH WILL GIVE THE STITCH GAUGE GIVEN BELOW
- 4 yds 7/8 inch width velvet ribbon
- 1 Talon Skirt Zipper 7 inch length
- 1 yd 1 inch grosgrain ribbon for skirt
- Lining, if desired or 1 yd 1 inch grosgrain ribbon
GAUGE: 4 s c = 1 inch; 7 rows = 2 inches
This pattern is a PDF download. A link will be forwarded to your email address within a couple minutes.