Crocheted Bolero: This pattern contains directions to crochet this bolero, or short jacket, pictured. "Crochet this lovely Bolero for Summer using just the Speed-Cro-Sheen, and for an extra special Bolero to wear over date-time frocks or to ward off chilly breezes use a combination of Speed-Cro-Sheen and Metallic Thread". The cropped jacket is worked in shell stitch. The directions are written for misses size 12, with changes for 14 and 16 in parentheses.
This is a Mail Order Crochet pattern purchased through newspapers and catalogs. This pattern was marketed as Anne Cabot 5472. The newspaper description: "Trim and attractive is this easy to crochet bolero which would look equally good at home over sports or day time frocks". The pattern was featured in the Anne Cabot 1955 Needlework Album.
- 6 Balls of No. 61-D Nu-Ecru for Size 12
- 9 Balls of No. 61-D Nu-Ecru for Sizes 14 & 16
- 9 Spools Gold Metallic Thread for Size 12
- 10 Spools Gold Metallic Thread for Sizes 14 & 16 CLARK'S O.N.T.
- Plastic Crochet Hook No, 6--to be used when Bolero is made from only the Speed-Cro-Sheen. CLARK'S O.N.T.
- Plastic Crochet Hook No. 5--to be used when Bolero is made from a combination of Speed-Cro-Sheen and Metallic Thread.