Crochet Poodle Cover or Door Stop: This pattern gives directions to crochet the poodle pictured. This sweet guy is designed to fit a bottle measuring 9-3/4 inches in circumference, 12 inches high, with a 4 inch high neck. He's an easy crochet in Knitting Worsted, with a little added bling for personality. Use him as a bottle cover, door stop, or simply a whimsical decoration.
This is a Mail Order pattern purchased through newspapers and catalogs. The pattern was marketed as Anne Cabot 5976. The newspaper description: "This cleverly amusing poodle in easy crochet serves a dual purpose; looks bright and loveable, and hides a bottle too A novel idea for a gift".
- COATS & CLARK'S "RED HEART" KNITTING WORSTED, 4—ply, Art. E. 230-B (2-oz. "Tangle-Proof" Pull-Out Skeins): 3 skeins of No. 737 Pink.
- Small amount of Black Knitting Worsted (about 1/3 oz.)
- Small piece of bright felt, sequins and rhinestones.
- Cotton Batting 3 Pipe Cleaners
- A 7-inch piece of white round elastic. 2 Buttons for the eyes.
- A Bottle (4/5ths size, or 1 quart long neck type) filled with sand for door stop.
- NEEDLE: Crochet Hook Size G.
GAUGE: 4 sc = 1 inch; 7 rounds = 2 inches.
All patterns in this shop are reformatted vintage designs; crisp clean documents for your working pleasure. The pattern is a PDF download. A link will be forwarded to your email address within a couple minutes.