Crocheted Doilies: These two crocheted doilies can be made either of No. 50 Mercerized Crochet Cotton, No. 30 Mercerized Crochet Cotton or Mercerized Crochet and Knitting Cotton. The choice of the cotton governs the size and texture of the doilies. The doilies can be used as luncheon and buffet sets or as odd doilies. The small doilies are 14, 17 or 22 inches; the large doilies are 18, 22 or 28 inches in diameter.
This is a Mail Order Design pattern purchased through newspapers and catalogs. The pattern was marketed as Alice Brooks 7629. The official newspaper description: "A graceful pineapple edge swirls with style around these starry, crocheted doilies. Rich in design, easy to do, they look like real lace when done. Let them do you proud as a luncheon set or as ornament and protection for a polished buffet top".
- No. 50 Mercerized Crochet Cotton and a No. 14 steel crochet hook,
- or No. 30 Mercerized Crochet Cotton and a No, 10 steel crochet hook
- or Mercerized Crochet and Knitting Cotton and a No. 8 steel crochet hook.
- The large doily requires approximately 375 yards of No. 50 cotton, or 420 yards of No. 30 cotton or 535 yards of heavy cotton.
- The small doily requires approximately 200 yards of No. 50 cotton or 260 yards of No. 30 cotton or 350 yards of heavy cotton.
All patterns in this shop are reformatted vintage designs; crisp clean documents for your working pleasure. The pattern is a PDF download. A link will be forwarded to your email address within a couple minutes