Crocheted Doilies: This pattern contains directions for making two crocheted doilies. These doilies can be made either of No. 50 Mercerized Crochet Cotton, No. 30 Mercerized Crochet Cotton or Mercerized Crochet and Knitting Cotton. The choice of the cotton governs the size and texture of the doilies. They can be used as luncheon or buffet sets or as odd doilies. The large doilies are 15, 18 or 26 inches; the small doilies are 9, 12 or 17 inches in diameter.
This is a Mail Order Design pattern purchased through newspapers and catalogs. The pattern was marketed as Laura Wheeler 539 in 1946. The newspaper description: "Doilies in a variety of sizes to express the finer things in life! You'll adore crocheting them; love using them throughout your home. Such lovely laciness imparts new importance to all your tableware or wherever used - separately or in sets".
- No. 50 Mercerized Crochet Cotton and a No. 14 steel crochet hook
- or No. 30 Mercerized Crochet Cotton and a No. 10 steel crochet hook
- or Mercerized Crochet and Knitting Cotton in (700 yard) skeins and a No. 8 steel crochet hook.
- The large doily requires approximately 250 yards of No. 50 cotton or 300 yards of No. 30 cotton or 425 yards of the heavy cotton.
- The small doily requires approximately 100 yards of No. 50 cotton or 155 yards of No. 30 cotton or 225 yards of the heavy cotton.
All patterns in this shop are reformatted vintage designs; crisp clean documents for your working pleasure. The pattern is a PDF download. A link will be forwarded to your email address within a couple minutes.