Crochet Doilies: These crocheted doilies can be made either of No. 50 Mercerized Crochet Cotton, No. 30 Mercerized Crochet Cotton or unbleached Mercerized Crochet and Knitting Cotton. The choice of the cotton governs the size and texture of the doilies. They can be used as luncheon or buffet sets or as odd doilies. The large doilies are 14, 18 or 26 inches; the small doilies are 10, 14 or 19 inches.
This is a Mail Order Design Pattern, purchased through newspapers and catalogs. The pattern was marketed as Alice Brooks 7328 in 1946. It was included in the Alice Brooks 1949 pattern catalog. The official newspaper description: "Your favorite fall flower - chrysanthemum, translated into a doily. How about crocheting a set for your home? It's so simple. Economical doilies in two sizes; takes less than a ball for either size".
- No. 50 Mercerized Crochet Cotton and a No. 14 steel crochet hook
- or No. 30 Mercerized Crochet Cotton and a No. 10 steel crochet hook
- or unbleached Mercerized Crochet and Knitting Cotton in (700 yard) skeins and a No. 8 steel crochet hook.
- The large doily requires approximately 275 yards of No. 50 cotton or 330 yards of No. 30 cotton or 475 yards of the heavy cotton.
- The small doily requires approximately 125 yards of No. 50 cotton or 175 yards of No. 30 cotton or 200 yards of heavy cotton.
All patterns in this shop are reformatted vintage designs; crisp clean documents for your working pleasure. The pattern is a PDF download. A link will be forwarded to your email address within a couple minutes