Calot and Bag : This pattern contains directions for crocheting the accessory set pictured. The official 1950 magazine description for this pattern: "CALOT and PURSE: To brighten up a spring or summer dress, why not make this matching set of hat and bag in a lovely color that contrasts with your dress! The set is done in simple shell-stitch, which is very effective in this straw-like yarn. The slight scalloped edge of the calot adds a flattering line over your sleek, short hair style—and the underarm bag is roomy but not bulky".
Material Requirements - Envelope Purse:
- Dritz Luxury Belastraw, Art. 110, 2 tubes.
- Dritz metal crochet hook No. 2.
- Dritz Bag Lining No. 201.
Material Requirements - Calot:
- Dritz Luxury Belastraw, Art. No. 110, 1 tube.
- Dritz metal crochet hook No. 2
Gauge - both: 1 shell and 1 s c=about 1 ¼".