Womens Afternoon Dress : This pattern contains instructions to knit, with crochet edges, the dress shown above. This dress is a one-piece charmer with lines that slim superbly. Below hip ribbing gives grace without bulk; pearls trace neck and off center closing. This vintage 1950s pattern, from McCalls, is sized for busts 36 to 40. Instructions are for size 36, with changes for 38 and 40 are shown in parentheses.
- - Bear Brand Tricolaine or Fleisher's Silhouette, 31 (33-34) 1-oz. skeins.
- - Bucilla Metallique, 1 tube gold or silver for trimming.
- - Straight aluminum knitting needles No. 0 for belt;
- - 24" steel circular needle No.2 for dress. (Or English sizes 13 and 11.)
- - Steel crochet hook No.4.
- - Four plastic rings 5/8" across, for button molds.
- - About 16 dozen No.5 pearl beads.
- - One yard 1/2" elastic for skirt
- - One yard 1" grosgrain ribbon,
- - Three snap fasteners for belt. One snap fastener for neck.
GAUGE: 8 sts=1"; 12 rows=1 " (stockinette st, No.2 needle).
The patterns in this shop are reformatted vintage designs; crisp clean documents with one and a half line spacing. The pattern is a PDF download. A link will be forwarded to your email address within a couple minutes