Two Piece Suit, Ruban d'Art : This pattern contains instructions to knit, crochet belt and edges, the two piece dress pictured above. The pattern, vintage 1949 from McCalls with a write up of "Two-Piece Suit - Your favorite classic goes into the top drawer class when it's knit in ribbon! This favorite medium for all-occasion wear is styled here with patch pockets". The pattern also features a front buttoned blouse with notched collar, short sleeves, belt and waist length. The skirt is knit to length desired and closes with zipper and button. The pattern is sized 12 to 16. Instructions are written for size 12, with changes for 14 and 16 shown in parentheses. This is an intermediate to advanced pattern.
- - Ruban d'Art, 20 (21-22) spools (100 yds.),
- - Susan Bates straight knitting needles No. 7 (standard). English size, 6.
- -Steel crochet hook No.4.
- - One yd. elastic for belting.
- - 7" zipper for skirt. 1 ½ yd.
- - 1 ½" grosgrain ribbon for facing.
- - 1 yd. 1 ½" grosgrain ribbon for belt.
- - 6 small buttons. Shoulder pads, if desired.
Gauge: 9 sts=2"; 9 rows=2" (blocked).
The patterns in this shop are reformatted vintage designs; crisp clean documents with one and a half line spacing. The pattern is a PDF download. A link will be forwarded to your email address within a couple minutes