Sky Top No 2328 : This pattern contains directions to Crochet the hat pictured. This is a most interesting hat. It is stitched as a circle and then has a ribbon band that closes the top. The design is vintage 1939 from The Spool Cotton Company. Here is there official write-up : "This young open-topped hat has a ribbon crossband to keep your hair trim and neat. Wear with the bow at the front or wear at the back for vanity."
Choose one of the following threads in size 30:
- CLARK'S O.NT. MERCERIZED CROCHET, 6 balls of White or Ecru, or 9 balls of any color.
- J. & P. COATS MERCERIZED CROCHET,S balls of White or Ecru, or 6 balls of any color.
- J. & P. COATS BIG BALL BEST SIX CORD MERCERIZED CROCHET, 3 balls of White or Ecru.
- MILWARD'S steel crochet hook No.8 or 9.
- 1 ½ yds. grosgrain ribbon, 112 inches wide, of a contrasting color.
GAUGE: 8 sts make 1 inch; 8 rows make 1 inch.
The patterns in this shop are reformatted vintage designs; crisp clean documents with one and a half line spacing. The pattern is a PDF download. A link will be forwarded to your email address within a couple minutes.