Sports Sweater and Gloves: This pattern gives instructions to knit, crochet detail, the items pictured. The official description for this 1951 design: "Brilliant splash of blouse and glove in fine fettle for skiing and other outdoor winter sports. Trimmed with lightening-sharp zigzags in black and white, and just right for snowy backgrounds. Pattern continues around back, accenting the soft shoulders". The back zip sweater is written for misses size 12, with changes for 14, 16 and 18 in parentheses. The gloves are small, medium and large.
Materials - Sweater:
- Penguin Nageur, 8 (9-9-10) 50-gr. balls Geranium (red), 1 ball each Noir (black) and Blanc (white).
- Straight knitting needles No. 2,
- Circular steel knitting needle No. 2 (standard). English size, 11.
- Steel crochet hook No. 3.
- Slide fastener 8" (9"-9"-10") long.
Gauge: 8 sts=1"; 11 rows=1"