Childs Bolero Suit and Beret: This pattern gives directions for knitting, crochet detail (on collar), the outfit shown. This outfit includes a suspender skirt, short loose-fitting bolero, flower embroidered blouse, and a beret hat. This cute set, an intermediate pattern, is vintage 1951. The directions are written for size 6, with changes for 8 in parentheses. The official magazine description: "Deirdre wears an adorable ensemble. Suspender skirt, bolero, bumper beret are blue; white blouse embroidered in lazy-daisies"
- Penguin La Houle, 2 (3) 2-oz. balls White; 5 (6) balls Blue.
- Straight knitting needles No. 3;
- Circular needle No. 3,
- Dp needles Nos. 3 and 1 (standard). English sizes, 10 and 12.
- Crochet hook No. 8 for collar edging.
- Elastic for waist of skirt.
- 5 small buttons. Snap fasteners.
- Grosgrain ribbon for lining suspenders.
Gauge: 8 sts=1"; 11 rows=1".