Chained Magic C-711: This pattern gives directions to crochet and weave the mat and pillow pictured. The pattern is a leaflet issued by Coat's and Clarks as part of their Design of the Month series. They refer to this a 'woven crochet'. A base of crochet is worked and contrasting yarn is woven through, and finished with Bondex. It's an easy pattern with attractive results. The finished place mats measure 12 x 18 and the pillow is 18 x 18 inches.
This pattern is offered as a free download in appreciation of my customers' business. Not a customer; just want the pattern? How about following me on Facebook in exchange.
- J. & P. COATS "KNIT-CRO-SHEEN," Art. A. 64: 11 balls of No. 110-A Terrace Green for 4 Place Mats and 16 balls for 4 Chair Seat Covers.
- COATS & CLARK'S O.N.T. "SPEED-CROSHEEN" MERCERIZED COTTON, Art. C. 44: 4 balls each of No. 49 Chartreuse Green and No. 122 Watermelon for 4 Place Mats and 6 balls of each color for 4 Chair Seat Covers.
- BONDEX HOT IRON TAPE, Art. T. 1, 8 packs of No. 61-A Forest Green for 4 Chair Seat Covers.
- Milwards Steel Crochet Hook No. 7.
- 4 yards Moss Green ribbon 1 inch wide.
All patterns in this shop are reformatted vintage designs; crisp clean documents for your working pleasure. The pattern is a PDF download. A link will be forwarded to your email address within a couple minutes.