Mohair Teddy Bear : This vintage pattern, early 1960s, contains instructions to knit the bear shown above. And, what a cute bear he is - approx. 14 inches tall with an optional bow around his neck and cuddly soft due to the mohair yarn. Apologies for the lousy picture; it was just a 3 inch clip in a magazine.
- Mohair yarn, 1 40-gr. ball brown; sport or fingering yarn, 1 oz. brown.
- Set of dp needles No.9. (Or English size 4.)
- Cotton for stuffing.
- Tapestry needle.
- Strand of black embroidery floss for nose and mouth.
- 1/2 yard 1/2" satin ribbon.
- Two black buttons for eyes.
- Four 1/2" brown buttons for attaching arms and legs.
- Carpet thread.
GAUGE: 7 sts = 2"; 5 rows = 1". Note: Bear is knitted using 1 strand each of mohair and sport or fingering yarn.
The patterns in this shop are reformatted vintage designs; crisp clean documents with one and a half line spacing. The pattern is a PDF download. A link will be forwarded to your email address within a couple minutes.