Crocheted Novelties: This pattern contains directions for crocheting the two items shown. I do not know the origins of this pattern, marked only as" A-18 - this is an additional pattern", but I would place into the 1940's based on the paper quality and print. The design includes a small crocheted basket as well as a crocheted coasters. After crocheting, the basket is dipped in a sugar solution and shaped.
MATERIAL REQUIREMENTS - Basket:
- 2 (100 yard) balls of No. 10 Mercerized Crochet Cotton
- No. 8 steel crochet-hook,
- glass custard cup 2 inches high
- 1/2 yard of ribbon about 1/2 inch wide.
MATERIAL REQUIREMENTS - Coaster:
- 1 (100 yard) ball of No. 10 Mercerized Crochet Cotton
- No. 8 steel crochet hook.