Brother & Sister Cardigans : This pattern contains directions to knit the cardigan pictured. This is one pattern with the only change being the button side for boys and girls. The design is sized for children 4, 6 and 8. The pattern features cables that run vertically from chest down across the front and drops down from the shoulder in the back. There is deep ribbing at the neckline, cuffs and hemline. This design is vintage 1949 from Modern Knitting.
- 22-oz. skeins "Botany" Chiffon Floss for Size 4. 32-oz. skeins for size 6 & 8.
- Susan Bates Knitting Needles: No.1and No.3 for size 4; No.2 and No. 11 for size 6; No.3 and No. 5 knitting needles for size 8.
- 1 cable needle.
- 1 tapestry needle.
- ¾ -yd. grosgrain ribbon No.5.
- 7 or 8 buttons.
- 7 sts=l"; 9 rows = 1" on No.3 needle.
- 6 ½ sts = 1";8 rows =1" on No. 4 needle.
- 6 ½ sts = 1"; 7 rows =1" on No. 5 needle.
All patterns in this shop are reformatted vintage designs; crisp clean documents for your working pleasure. The pattern is a PDF download. A link will be forwarded to your email address within a couple minutes.