Slip-over and Panties : This pattern contains instructions to knit, crochet detail, the outfit shown. This vintage 1942 knitted set is sized for baby between 12 and 18 months. The set includes a slipover as well as a pair of panties (bottoms). The slipover is long sleeves with patterned yoke and neckband and shoulder button closure, in stockinette and garter stitching. The matching panties have an elastic waistband.
- 4 oz. 3-ply wool in white. 1 oz. 3-ply wool in blue.
- 2 prs. needles (Standard) #4 and #2.
- medium size crochet hook.
- 6 small buttons.
- 3/4 of a yd. of narrow elastic.
- Slip-Over: Length from shoulder to lower edge-11 ½ ins. Width all around at underarm-20 ins. Sleeve seam-7 ins.
- Panties: Waist to edge of leg (front) 91/2 ins. Gauge: 7 ½ sts. = 1 inch on #4 needles.
All patterns in this shop are reformatted vintage designs; crisp clean documents with one and a half line spacing, for your working pleasure. The pattern is a PDF download. A link will be forwarded to your email address within a couple minutes.